Monday 16 July 2012

The working room

Lets take you on a virtual sewing-room-tour, 360° of fabric, sewing machines and haberdashery:
A computer corner to stay tuned with the world.


Next to the computer, we installed the ‘normal sewing machine’.



At the opposite side of the room, there is a table with a serger, a cover stitch machine and a cutting mat.


Next to it you can find an embroidery machine.


As you can see fabrics are not the only things we like from Sweden; we also love their storage systems and tables; I am one of the favorite customers in the local Ikea branch.
All the walls in the room are ‘decorated’ with shelves filled with kilometers of fabric, lace, rope, as well as containers filled with buttons, labels, and pins.





Even the drawers under the guest bed are filled with sewing room supplies.


It might look chaotic, as I do not tend to lock anything behind closet doors. Nevertheless, I prefer it this way, as I only take full advantage of all my fabric and haberdashery when I can properly see the material I have; the colors and the prints give me the necessary inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with your zippers, I have a ton of those and don't really like how I have them stored, what a great idea. Your whole studio is bright and cheerful with all the fantastic color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great studio! I love having all my material out where I can see it too!

    ReplyDelete