We made some puckered skirts but it took as a while to finish them as we could not find matching, thick elastic for around the waist. Only available locally was white and black which is not matching very well with beautiful fabric from Petit Pan.
Some Dylon and a couple fo washes later we had our DIY elastic.
I tried four different colors: Burlesque, Ocean Blue, Bahama Blue, and Tulip Red. Every kind of elastic gives a different result. None of the elastics color fully.
The final result is more like a stone-washed look.
The skirts look perfect with the matching elastic, but the flower girls can see them before you all do!